When accused of blatantly false campaign ads, Mitt Romney’s pollster Neil Newhouse said, "We will not let the fact checkers get in the way”.
I've learned an awful lot about Obama after listening to all the Republican speeches during their convention this week. I was shocked and awed to learn that Obama, who -- as just a "community organizer", and who "doesn't understand how America works", and who "had no business experience", and who is a foreigner-- he sure has done a lot of harm to this country in just a short 3 years by signing a record-low number of bills coming out of Congress since becoming President.
Besides learning about legitimate rape this week, I've also learned from the Republican speeches that:
- Obama is to blame for losing America's "exceptionalism".
- Obama is to blame for 25 million under-employed and unemployed people.
- Obama is to blame for leading from behind.
- Obama is to blame for creating millions of low-paying jobs.
- Obama is to blame for home millions of foreclosures.
- Obama is to blame for 46 million Americans on food stamps.
- Obama is to blame for being weak on defense.
- Obama is to blame for our national debt.
- Obama is to blame for high taxes.
- Obama is to blame for "big" government.
- Obama is to blame for 11 million illegal immigrants.
- Obama is to blame for a failing education system.
- Obama is to blame for too much government spending.
- Obama is to blame for punishing success and job creators.
- Obama is to blame for class-warfare.
- Obama is to blame for the high cost of living.
- Obama is too blame for high gas prices.
- Obama is to blame for dividing the country.
- Obama is to blame for over-regulating BP oil
- Obama is to blame for violating the U.S. Constitution.
- Obama is to blame for a war on religion (with contraception).
- Obama is to blame for infanticide (with abortion).
- Obama is to blame for a declining middle-class.
- Obama is to blame for putting people on welfare.
- Obama is to blame for the high cost of healthcare.
- Obama is to blame for destroying Medicare.
- Obama is to blame for taking our guns away.
- Obama is to blame for losing our global respect.
- Obama is to blame for Iran's nuclear ambitions.
- Obama is to blame for the downgrade in our credit rating.
- Obama is to blame for Syria's, Egypt's, and Libya's civil wars.
- Obama is to blame for NOT helping to create an Iranian civil war.
- Obama is to blame for burdening our children and grand-children in debt.
- Obama is to blame for making us a "European" and "Socialist" nation.
- Obama is to blame for teacher's pensions.
- Obama is to blame for 52,000 factory closings since 2001.
- Obama is to blame for record poverty.
- Obama is to blame for high college tuitions.
- Obama is to blame for borrowed, wasted, and spent stimulus.
- Obama is to blame for killing small businesses.
- Obama is to blame for making us dependent on big government.
- Obama is to blame for crony capitalism, which we never had before.
- Obama is to blame for not fixing roads and bridges.
- Obama is to blame for "you didn't build that!"
- Obama is to blame for giving billions of dollars to oil companies.
- Obama is to blame for falsely blaming the Republicans for all this country's woes.
Shame on this man! He should be tried and hung for treason!!!!
The Republicans have been very gracious in saying that Obama inherited a bad situation from the previous Republican administration; but then they blamed Obama for making a bad situation much worse...or for not fixing everything that was wrong since he first took office 3 years ago. Or, if something DID go right, the Republicans said the situation had only improved "despite" of Obama and his failed policies (policies that were always filibustered by the House Republicans).
I've also learned that Obama was to blame for the hurricane that struck New Orleans, exactly 7 years to the day from the last time a hurricane hit New Orleans when George W. Bush was sight-seeing in a Marine helicopter.
I was so shocked to learn that Obama was soooooooo evil, and that this one man could cause so much carnage and destruction to such a strong and great nation like the United States of America. Boy, was that un-nerving!
Before I had heard all those Republican speeches this week, all I knew about Obama before that was:
- Obama was not American (born in Kenya).
- Obama had a counterfeit birth certificate (Donald Trump told me so.)
- Obama was a Marxist and hung out with terrorists (Because Sean Hannity said so.)
- Obama didn't believe in the "real" God, so he was anti-religion and the anti-Christ.
- Obama was a Manchurian Candidate who was out to destroy America.
- Obama wanted to spread the billionaire's wealth around.
- Obama was half black, not half white.
- And that Obama was a Muslim.
But after listening to all the Republican speeches this week, I was also very reassured to know that, because Mitt Romney was a good family man and had a loving wife and five well-groomed sons, he would be fit to lead the nation during these desperate times...and that Mitt could fix everything that Obama had single-handedly destroyed (or made much worse), and that Mitt could "save America".
I did notice one thing though. Besides Obama being to blame for everything that's wrong with America, not one single detail was ever revealed about how the Republicans would fix everything that is so very wrong with this country...except for the fact that all the Republicans agreed that we should cut spending on the poor and lower taxes on the rich. That much was very clear.
And then I realized that I am also very blessed to have a brain just slightly larger than a peanut, because if I didn't, I might have actually believed everything the Republicans were saying in their speeches at their convention this week (and I wouldn't have noticed all their "token" minorities either).
But what makes me very sad and very ashamed was, after looking at all those goofy faces in the convention's audience, I was appalled and overcome by a feeling of melancholy when I realized just how stupid Americans really are.
But fear not folks, American "exceptionalism" is still alive in America. Exceptional stupidity. Personally, I would prefer a draft-dodger and a tax dodger over an evil community organizer to lead this nation.
From the Seattle Times: Meet the Real Mitt Romney