Sunday, May 29, 2011

Will Michele Bachmann Debate a High School Sophomore?

16 year old Amy Myers made the challenge, but Tea Party representative Michele Bachmann thinks God is on her side. I think that I for one (as well as MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell) would bet our money on Amy.



Just hours after Sarah Palin announced a bus tour of the East coast to possibly initiate the beginnings of a presidential campaign, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn) told reporters that she was likely to announce a White House campaign next month in Waterloo, Iowa — and she did, sort of.

During a taping of an Iowa Public Television program, Michele Bachmann shared with voters that she’s had a “calling” to begin the “momentous decision” to run for President, AP reports. 

“Every decision that I make, I pray about, as does my husband,” said the Minnesota congresswoman, according to radio broadcaster O. Kay Henderson. “And I can tell, yes, I’ve had that calling and that tugging on my heart that this is the right thing to do.”

Bachmann, who was born in Iowa is expected to call on evangelical Christians for support — private meetings with pastors are in the works whose presence in the Republican primary process is influential. Bachmann is expected to announce her candidacy in her hometown of Waterloo.

She also promoted her Tea Party resume, stating the people “want something new and different. They don’t want anything that reflects the status quo or the establishment. I think the Tea Party movement has made that very clear, that they don’t want Washington as usual.”

She certainly is different, in that incredible, mind blowing delusional way.

“I am not an establishment candidate. I’ve set my own course. I’m a very independent person,” Bachmann added. “I’ve taken on my own Republican leadership when I was in the Minnesota senate and I’ve taken on my own Republican leadership in the Congress of the United States. I am an equal-opportunity fighter because I am about the people.”

She further stated, “I fight for what I believe in. I’m committed and I have a record of being a fighter. That, I think, makes me unique, I think, above all of the candidates.”

Yes she certainly is unique. What would prompt respect while she touts herself as a viable candidate would be for the Tea Party heroine to take on the children who have recently sought her out to debate her claimed accuracy of history, or her revision of such.

Michele Bachmann, who claims to be a Constitutional expert, should have no issues debating the 16 year old Amy Myers...but as of this post, there has been no response to the challenge. If Bachmann were ever to be nominated for the GOP presidential  ticket next year, it would be interesting to see her debate Obama, and to have her answer some of the charges she's leveled against him.

No comments:

Post a Comment