Monday, March 9, 2015

New Poll Confirms: Fox News Sucks

USA Today (March 9, 2015)

20% said they trusted Fox 'a great deal' while 35% said "somewhat."
CNN (18% for "a great deal" and 43% for 'somewhat')
NBC News (14%, 46%)
CBS News (14%, 50%)
ABC News (14%, 50%)
MSNBC (11%, 41%)

Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll, noted: "Fox News may be the most trusted in the network and cable news race, but they all take a back seat to your local news. "

Underscoring that cable news has a more overtly political slant, 26% of respondents also said they didn't trust Fox News "at all" as a news source — the highest among the national TV news outlets mentioned in the survey. MSNBC came in second at 24%."

As an aside: A poll in 2012 by the conservative-leaning Rasmussen Reports finds that "47% believe that media bias is a bigger problem than campaign contributions".

Two years ago in 2013 I wrote: Fox News (especially Bill O'Reilly) likes to brag that they are the number one watched "cable news show" (which they are); but what they don't tell you is, when compared to "all TV news shows" (CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, etc.), collectively speaking, most people get their news from OTHER news sources — meaning, OTHER than Fox News — including MSNBC. It's all in how you read the numbers in the polls. The last time I checked, Fox News only received about 30% of the market share (of all news programming), and the remaining "mainstream" stations received the other 70% (collectively).

Three years ago in 2012 I wrote: CONFIRMED: Fox News Most Distrusted Name in News -- According to this most recent poll, most people actually prefer watching "mainstream" TV news stations (cable or not) rather than Fox News. And more importantly, most people trust "mainstream" TV news much more than they trust Fox News. So much for all of Fox News' fair and balanced reporting.

Timothy Taylor (The Conversable Economist) Monday, March 9, 2015: The Economics of Media Bias -- "I'd sum up the existing evidence in this way. There's lots of political bias in the media, mainly because media outlets are trying to attract customers with similar bias."

F.Y.I. (Business Insider) These 6 Corporations Control 90% Of The Media In America


Jon Stewart Blasts Mainstream News 

I Lost my Family to Fox News 

New Poll: Fox News Viewers are "Dumbed Down" 

America needs a New Age of Enlightenment 

Dumb Down the People to Rip them Off 

The Big Lie: Politicians and the Media 

MSNBC Lies Like a Fox News Rug 

Media Deliberately Distracts from Major Issues 

The White House Correspondents Dinner


  1. At least more people don’t trust FOX at all than trust it a great deal. That’s a minor victory for mankind.

  2. Fox News is nothing more than a GOP propaganda machine. Has nothing to do with news.

    1. Same as CNN but reversed.

    2. See my newer post: The Media and Cable Monopolies ;)

  3. They all suck. MSNBC, ABC, CBS and CNN are all Liberal rags. FOX is pro Conservative. They all suck and lie.

  4. The real problem with Fox is they are not sure who they are to begin with. They certainly do not represent any significant portion of the US working class ... they run "look at this flesh, big tits, wardrobe malfuction, bikini, teaser ads" all the while they claim they appeal to the conservative christian base ... really? How many young males and married men are you clicking intot that soft porn to make a buck off them? Are you Republican or Democrat ... really? I can't tell ... you slam the Dem's all the time then around election time you KO all the repub candidates with nasty articles, false statements and harping on things that they never said or did the way you want to spin it, use the ugliest photo's you possible could of Trump and any others, insinuate all sorts of BS that is not true ... then show wonderful smiley faces of Clinton and all the dems .... I DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO SAY ... I vote for passing legislation that forces all so called "news" sources it truly be independent, unbiased and really report the news OR face fines and the revelation of your donors, who is manipulating your bias message and what their agendas are and you have to state right across the screen - this is not a "news" station this is a politically biased agenda based bought and paid for special interest group ... the same goes for MSN news and CNN ... make them all declare what they really are ... there is no real news anymore ... just a pack of lies based on their bias.

    1. Well said. I've been harping on the corporate media for ages. They even influence our elections.