Thursday, January 2, 2020

Bud Meyers NEW Youtube channel created January 2020

Bud Meyers NEW Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiUhIhME1T_7l0QtDGeA1Vg/videos
Bud Meyers OLD Youtube channel that was ruthless and completely deleted with no reason at all given and with no chance in Hell to appeal: https://www.youtube.com/user/buddymeyers

My previous Youtube channel was terminated after 10 years (on New Years Eve on December 31, 2019) because of a #copyright claim by CNN for a 40-second clip from one of their broadcasts. Cable news channels can easily BLOCK your videos without filing a copyright strike against you, but they are ruthless and mean, so they file TAKE DOWN orders against you! I lost 10 years of work, more than 1,500 videos and over 10,800 subscribers! So much work, destroyed!

I had 2 copyright strikes: 1 from Fox News and 1 from #MSNBC that were set to expire. They weren't entire programs or segments, just short 5 to 10 minute clips. My previous Youtube channel (and now my new channel) was and never will be monetized, so I never made money. I only do this as a hobby since I retired. I carefully edited most of my videos and added long commentaries to many of them (most were political). I never posted anything obscene. Most of my recent clips were from the impeachment hearings on C-SPAN.

But after my 3rd copyright strike on Youtube, I thought I could appeal. But that's not the case. After 3 strikes, you're finished—even if the third copyright claim was a false or frivolous claim. Now I have to start all over again. Here's the 40-second video that destroyed my previous Youtube channel: https://twitter.com/BudMeyers99/status/1212165706197766144

I tried contacting Fox News at ContentProtection@fox.com to pitch my apology and to beg them for forgiveness, but the bastards and beatchs never replied! And I know for a fact that a human gets these emails because a friend wrote to them and gave them info that they acted on . . . so I don’t think an algorithm, A.I. or a website’s auto-response email program can do that (not yet at least).

CNN had filed 3 previous (and frivolous) copyright claims against me for content that wasn't even theirs, so I had to file disputes with Google. But stupid me, I should have known better; I thought that tiny 40-second clip would be considered "promotional' for them rather than an "infringement".

It's time for government to reform these ridiculous copyright laws just for posting short clips from news broadcasts. I carefully and specifically chose what to record, edit and post to my channel for my followers — and many thanked me, because many people don't have the time to watch entire broadcasts, political rallies or C-SPAN hearings . . . so I chose what I thought were the most relevant HIGHLIGHTS (always under 15-minutes) so that more people could know what's happening in American politics. (I didn’t just copy-and-paste their talking-heads to steal their viewers and advertising revenues from them! And I usually posted the content long after they aired the content!

As just ONE example of my work: My last Youtube project was to monitor every single minute of every single impeachment hearing on C-SPAN -- and then edit, organize and post all the clips separately with long commentaries. Then I posted all the links to my blog: https://bud-meyers.blogspot.com/2019/12/highlights-of-all-trump-impeachment.html

All this work, destroyed in one click by Youtube . . . 10 years of hard work! . . . down the drain! Now I'm staring over on New Years Day (on January 1, 2020). And like Youtube, my blog is also owned by Google. I don't have a lawyer, but who in the heck knows if I ever violated any of their "terms of service" within the last 10 years, just to have them delete my blog too! They have so much control in our lives; no one is safe from their influence or retaliation. It’s not right . . . but we have no choice, unless we want to surrender to a much more inferior video publishing service.

Peace!
Bud Meyers

* Besides CNN and MSNBC, I'm also adding Fox News to my THEY SUCK list. I can't add Google or Youtube because they might delete this blog and my NEW Youtube channel. THAT is the ral abuse of power!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment